Sunday 30 January 2011

Broad Court, WC2. Monday 24th Jan. Lunchtime.


I often walk past this lovely little hotel in a pedestrianized street lined with Victorian gas lamps and imagine that if I were in London on business I would stay here. I like the look of it. It's named after the writer Henry Fielding and is opposite the Royal Opera House. I wonder what it's like inside.

I just Googled it, as you do. It's actually pretty spartan inside, and costs about £160 a night. But apparently it was one of Graham Greene's favourite hotels, which endears me to it further.

And Henry Fielding really did live in Broad Court, with his brother.

1 comment:

  1. I simon, how are you.. I'm reading all your blogs here and I find it very nice, like you i'm in love with london, but sometimes I would like to visit this lovely places that you mention but I don't know exacly how to get there, please could you give the exact adress of the places... thanks
    joan

    ReplyDelete